Facebook has finally added multiple accounts support for its Messenger app for Android, after testing for a while. The new feature enables multiple users to log in and use Messenger from a single device.
A lot of people share their device for using social media with their family and friends. Now they can switch from one account to another easily, using a single device.
And if you’re worried about others reading your messages, there’s a protection against that as well.
“The beauty of this new feature is that your messages stay completely private. Anyone else who shares the device will just see the number of notifications of messages that you have, but they will never be able to see the content of your messages.”
How to Use Multiple Account Feature from a Single Device
- In the Messenger for Android settings, look for a section called ‘Accounts.’
- Add the accounts related to each person – signing up with Messenger takes only a few steps, and you don’t need to be on Facebook.
- The first time someone switches from another account on a phone to their account, we will require a password. After this, the user can choose whether to always require a password.
- In just three steps, you can move between accounts and your private messages will always remain just that – private. It’s as simple as that.
- Of course, if you want to stop sharing a phone, it’s simple to remove your account from that particular device.
As of now, this feature is for Android only. There’s no mention when or if this will be available on iOS or the web version of Messenger.