Science fiction movies in the past have shown a lot of weird and crazy out of this world technologies. But sometimes writers and creators from the past have come up with tech that is real now.
Here is the list of 5 movie techs that became a reality –
- Minority Report (2002) – In this Spielberg-Cruise science fiction movie many future techs were demoed but one, in particular, became a part of our life. Tom Cruise using touch and gesture to control a screen got a lot of attention and now we use touch and gesture all the time to control our smart phones, tablets etc.
- 2001 – A Space Odyssey (1968) – Stanley Kubrick ‘s “2001 – A Space Odyssey” is considered one the best and groundbreaking movies ever. In this movie “HAL 9000” was showcased. It was an A.I which was supposed to help the space crew. We see this similar A.I in SIRI. But the main difference is iPhone’s SIRI is not a killer but a very helpful assistant.
- Six Million Dollar Man (1974) – In the TV series “Six Million Dollar Man” it’s shown that the hero is brought back life by bionic arms, legs and eyes that gave him super human strength. But now Bionic limbs are a reality and it’s helping countless people. It still doesn’t give superpowers, though.
- Blade Runner (1982) – In “Blade Runner” we are shown a dystopian futuristic Los Angeles where large digital billboards are everywhere but at that time it was really a thing of the future. Now we have digital advertising boards everywhere.
- Enemy of The State (1998) – In this Will Smith movie we are shown that the government is always spying on its citizens. Through hacking, phone taps, and other gadgets. It was thought to be impossible but a decade later FBI was testifying in front of congress about the legality of this kind of surveillance. So George Orwell’s much talked about “Big Brother” is real.