Apple buying the British automotive company McLaren which makes supercars, was the buzzing news earlier in this week.
Apparently, to some people, it is a good news. In contrary, the investors took the news in a different way. Investors illustrate that Apple is looking for a partner company since it does not have the expertise and resources to manufacture cars by itself.
But is the assumption true?
Probably, it is not true. These days Apple barely does much of the production. The company partnered up with companies like FoxConn, Pegatron, and others to make its famous iPhones and MacBooks. Not only Apple is doing this but also other many popular brands are following this fashion.
Is Apple interested in McLaren?
McLaren became notable making cars by hand. In contrast, Apple builds its products by machines at scale. A former Apple engineer said that it is unconventional for the company that it will rely on a company which has a manufacturing process depends on hands-on work.
Nevertheless, apart from the rumor, there is a possibility that Apple might team up with the car manufacturer, with several car companies actually.
American multinational financial company, Morgan Stanley lately predicted a list of 30 companies. And partnering up with these companies will benefit Apple in many ways to make electric cars.
Few Companies from the list:
- Magna is the largest contract manufacturers of vehicles in the world. It eventually works with companies like BMW and Mini. Apple is already working with Magna according to a Bloomberg report.
- Mobileye. This company is dominating in the hardware and software powering autonomous driving features on the road today.
- Delphi Automotive, an elephantine company makes automotive parts a great deal. This is a big company with 161,000 employees.
- “NXP Semiconductors and Nvidia” is best known to gamers for making graphics cards. But NXP claims four of the world’s top five automakers are using its chips.
- Tesla Motors has been a synonym by the time when electric cars are concerns. How can Apple ignore this company?
- Bosch is a German electronics giant. Rumor going around Apple may be working with this company.