Learning a new language is not only hard, it’s quite impossible if you’re not motivated enough. However, there might be a new way around those typical methods of learning language, thanks to LingoZING, a forthcoming app that will teach new languages via comic books.Launched as a
Launched as a Kickstarter campaign, LingoZING offers comics targeted at people with different age groups. There are comics of different genres, which will help you to start learning a new language. The words on the screen pass between languages with just a tap on the app. you can also listen to them that will help you to improve your pronunciation. You can also record your voice saying the line and make your voice to be used for playback. It comes with a built-in voice recognition software that is able to test your pronunciation.
If the primary target is met, LingoZING will launch with following comics in English, Brazilian Portuguese, and French-
- Joséphine by Pénélope Bagieu.
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal by Zach Weinersmith.
- Namesake by Isabelle Melançon & Megan Lavey-Heaton.
- Stand Still Stay Silent by Minna Sundberg.
- La Pluie des Corps (The Rain of Corpses) by Florian Quittard & Anaiïs Bernabé.
- Mourir Nuit Gravement à La Santé (Dying is Seriously Bad for Your Health) by Gilles Le Coz.
If the crowdfunding campaign goes well, the company will offer more. The final version of LingoZING app will be available on iOS and Android in February, with Mandarin Chinese as well as Spanish next on its list of languages.