Having a firm belief that Artificial Intelligence will be the next biggest thing in technology arena tech titans are conducting a myriad of research on it. Eventually, Google, Apple, Microsoft, and alike are after A. I. Likewise, Google’s counterpart in China, Baidu, Inc. is emphasizing on Artificial Intelligence vehemently. In fact, Baidu focuses on AI to conquer the internet industry.
Baidu Brain and Deep learning
More than 5 years ago the company started building Baidu Brain. Baidu Brain is a robot which stimulates human brain. However, since, deep learning is a sub-discipline of the field of Artificial Intelligence, advancement in the deep learning will boost Baidu’s progress in overall AI project. As a matter of fact, deep learning is to teach computers to learn.
The AI of the company concentrates in four kinds of deep learning. And those kinds are voice recognition and synthesis, image recognition, natural language processing and user profiling.
Baidu Brain significance to Baidu
Robin Li, CEO of Baidu happened to AI 12 times in a single speech. And it shows the weight of AI for the internet company. Li believes AI is the next big thing in the internet industry. China’s search engine leader is grappling to apply the fruit of the AI technology. Consequently, it already started several avenues to use AI in the company’s businesses. We mentioned some AI applications by the Chinese internet giant beneath.
- Using Chinese characters to search is a tough job since Chinese characters complicated. Thence, Chinese consumers use voice recognition for the job. In this field, Baidu is using AI and getting 97% success.
- The Chinese tech giant also using AI to suggest customized restaurants and retailers.
- The search engine company’s corporate headquarter uses AI based voice recognition customer management system (CRM).
- Baidu Delivery uses AI to estimates more precise delivery time.
- The Chinese internet giant uses AI for better risk controlling technique in its financial service business.
- The company started testing driverless cars using AI earlier this year.
Baidu, Inc. is moving forward utilizing the AI power in order to leverage its internet business. Eventually, people familiar with the matter are commenting that Baidu has already made substantial progress in the AI field.