ECG (Electrocardiography) graph in your heart monitor app is the new DUO. FDA has approved few devices to monitor health conditions like diabetes, asthma or sleep. EKO has combined the heart sound with an ECG on your palm. Useful as preliminary reports in the day to day monitoring for heart patients and doctors.
DUO is the dual tech device by EKO.
CORE became a good companion of a stethoscope to produce a loud and clear sound of the heart. It is like a digital amplifier to the acoustic stethoscope. CORE was their first invention servicing in 700 institutions.
It transmits the heart sound with an acoustic vibrator located in the center. EKO EARPIECE or headphones that utilize a 3.5mm audio jack can be used to hear the sound. Though good quality headphones are prescribed by EKO. CORE is a core member of the new DUO.
The other feature is ECG. Big monitors seen in the diagnostic corners with graphs and usual information like BPM. DUO has transformed them into an app on your Smartphone screen.
EKO app can be downloaded clicking here or from iOS or Android play store.
- DUO used particularly as a stethoscope or an ECG or both.
- Made of aluminum and an ABS plastics bottom. The ECG electrodes are made of stainless steel and can work without any gel or cream. However, gels or creams can improve the signal quality in some situations.
- Press the DUO and Place on the left side of the heart will show real time wave form or graphs.
- Real time Visualize, Record, Save or Stream share on a video conference with a doctor using EKO platform.
It can be used to hear the lungs’ sound as well. 8% of US children have asthma or difficulty in breathing. Dr. Shetty tested the device with young patients.
“Some 6-year-olds are able to understand better what’s going on with the app than the adults,”.
Ms. Shetty added a video game to keep the children busy and interested in DUO for self-monitoring.
- EKO DUO is meant for monitoring conditions and symptoms, not for independent diagnosis. All clinical diagnoses must be performed by a certified clinician.
- DUO has not been tested for accuracy with ECG recordings taken from users with pacemakers. We cannot recommend DUO for users with pacemakers or ICDs because we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the resulting ECG readings.
- If you are having symptoms consistent with a heart attack, or any other severe condition, dial healthcare immediately. DUO is not meant to diagnose specific conditions or prevent cardiac events.