RED Hydrogen is the new element in the air of technology. RED, the infamous camera maker, is now working on their first ever smartphone called Hydrogen. This $1200 smartphone promised to display a holographic screen in the first half of 2018. The future we were promised is near. RED kept hiding the Hydrogen in the mist until now. Click to roast the old post.
Leia sounds like Leica although the corporation name was adapted from the Star Wars princess Leia. RED announced a partnership with Leia as a provider of the light field holographic display. This clears the RED view of VR, AR, & MR. Leia and RED seem to have established Mixed Reality into Hydrogen. Changing the angle from present to future.
“This is an incredible opportunity for both companies and a perfect marriage.” – Jim Jannard (Founder & Chairman of RED)
- Adding nanotechnology to regular LCD to convert into 3D holographic screen
- Due to this will allow controlling the light coming out of phone screen.
- Gaze or engage through 16 possible view angles, you can move your eyes now.
- As you move around the screen you will be shown at different angles of images, making the whole like Tom Cruise in Minority Report.
- Furthermore interchanging between 2D & 3D will be smooth and swift.
- Popular games will soon be reinvented in three dimensions, making them come alive.
The prototype was tested by MKHBD a month ago and uploaded on YouTube. Although it hides the RED Hydrogen action and shows Marques’ face reaction. Pre-orders are still going on. This holograph update might grab some more heads on the row to breathe RED Hydrogen.