Amongst all the VR headsets the Oculus Go is the most convenient and comfortable, it might sound far-fetched but it’s well deserved. Their first consumer VR was the Rift , that introduced consumers to high-end VR and together with Samsung, it delivered the cheap Gear VR headset for smartphones. The new Oculus Go will resonate with customers more because of its price ($199) and it’s dead simple to use.
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Inexpensive compared to other VR headsets
- Large library of VR apps
- Remote is comfortable with accurate motion tracking
- Still a bit limited by its mobile hardware
- Battery life could be better
The Oculus Go is the virtual reality headset we’ve been waiting for — not because it’s incredibly powerful, but because it’s inexpensive and easy to use. You won’t need to give up your phone or have a powerful computer to get this up and running. It’s still an investment at $200, but it has the best shot at getting average consumers into VR.