In the past few years, we all have seen how social media has become an integral part of digital marketing. It is growing at the fastest pace. With more and more people are joining them, companies are taking advantage of it to promote their businesses.
When a visitor visits any company’s social media profile, the first thing they see is its logo and the cover photo. But it is the logo through which they verify the brand. If you are also planning to promote your business on various social media channels, then it is important to make sure that your logo should appear in the right manner.
Here is a detail guide on how to use your logo on social media channels:
On Facebook, your profile image appears on the top left side of the page. To upload the profile image on Facebook, follow the below guidelines:
- The size must be 180*180 pixels
- Design your original image in 340 *340 or 500*500 pixels (square shape)
- Create an image in PNG or JPEG format
- Once the image gets created, upload it by clicking on the ‘camera icon’ on the lower right corner.
- Edit the picture (if required) and click on the save button.
Note: Although Facebook provides the feature of ‘Re-position’ the image, to get the best results, it’s better to follow the above size guide.
Just like Facebook, the allocated space to upload the personal logo on Twitter is just above the profile name. The only difference is that unlike Facebook, Twitter has the feature where the profile image appears over the cover photo. To upload the profile image on Twitter, follow the below guidelines:
- Create an image in 400*400 pixels
- Make sure your image should be in JPG or PNG format.
- Once the image gets created, click on the ‘camera icon’ and upload your image.
- If you want to replace the old profile image with the one, then you first have to click on ‘Edit profile’ which is on the right side of the page. After that, upload the image in the given space by clicking the camera icon. Click on ‘Save’ button.
The page layout of Instagram is completely different. Here the profile image appears on the left side of the page and the company name and its description appear on the right side of the image. Here are a few steps to upload your logo on Instagram page:
- The optimum size of the image is 110*110 pixels, and the maximum resolution is 180*180 pixels.
- Create the images in PNG or JPG format
- Since it’s not possible to upload the image on Instagram through desktop, therefore, you first have to transfer the image on your mobile.
- Sign in to your Instagram account and select ‘camera icon’ to upload the image.
- After that, click on the ‘Done’ button.
YouTube offers the same page format as Twitter. The only difference is that on YouTube the profile image doesn’t display over the cover photo and the profile details are mentioned below it. To upload the profile image on YouTube, follow the below guidelines:
- The recommended profile image dimension for YouTube is 800*800 pixels
- You can create an image in JPEG, PNG, and BMP format.
- Once the images get created, click on ‘Your channel’ under your user icon on the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘camera icon’. You will get the option of ‘Edit’. Click on ‘Edit’ and upload your image.
- Click on the ‘Done’ button.
LinkedIn is a great platform to get connected with industry leaders and hire great employees. You can create a logo using logo maker or other tools to upload on this platform. Here are a few steps to upload your company logo on the LinkedIn page:
- The recommended profile image dimension for LinkedIn is 300*300 pixels
- Create an image in PNG or JPEG format.
- One the image gets created, click on the ‘Edit’ button. Go to ‘Page info’ and upload your company logo.
- Click on ‘Save’ button.
A logo is the visual identity of a brand. It is the face of the company. So follow the above guidelines and turn your social media into an ultimate tool to build a brand and win the trust of the audience.