Learn to create an online store, such as an electronic store, from scratch in an easy and guided way. Follow these steps and you will get the best results to sell online. In this way, this post serves as the basis and scheme to follow to set up the online store.
Before creating an online store, we must take into account that some investment in technology and digital marketing is necessary and that one enters the technological field and it is necessary to be well informed and advised.
1. Define your digital strategy
A mistake that many entrepreneurs make when creating their online store is that they only focus on the technical aspects. However, there are many issues that must be taken into account before beginning the step guide:
– Why do you want to sell online? What are your business objectives?
– How will you complement it with your current activities? Will you have time for everything?
– What resources will you need to create your online store? What investment do you have? Will you need to hire staff or have external collaborators? Will you need to use an interesting theme like elab WordPress theme?
2. Once you have answered these previous questions, start defining your digital strategy:
Product and Price: Say you’re going to make an electronics shop. You need to know about: What types of products are you going to sell, at what prices are you going to sell them, how is your competition doing, how are you going to distinguish yourself from it, what is the current demand in the market. Content is king and you should maximize your content according to your target market. When you can improve the quality of your content, the opportunity to sell will be even greater. You are advised to use xBuilder. This is a kind of multifunctional plugin that helps you create responsive pages and manage content layout.
Target Audience: analyze very well who your target audience is, what size this market is, where it is, what sex and ages, what their interests are, in what social networks they move …
Positioning: Think about how you want to position your brand in the online market and how you want your users to identify or search on Google.
Other aspects to consider: in this post I tell you in more detail how to prepare the digital strategy for your online store: What it is and how to apply the digital strategy in a company.
3. Define name and domain for your store
It seems easy, but it is curious that 70% of the names that come to mind will already be “caught” by other businesses or be very similar to others, so they will not serve you either. If you already have your own brand or registered company, you have it easy.
4. Configure the online store
You already have your chosen online store platform, perfect. Now it’s time to set it up and get it ready to start selling your products. Don’t forget to consider using WooCommerce WordPress Theme for Electronics Store.
Here are many aspects to keep in mind:
– How are you going to organize your product catalog and in which categories or families are you going to classify them?
– The type of information that you will include in the file of each product.
– What design template you will choose for your online store. Run away from free templates and invest in a good template. We recommend elab to you.
– To which countries are you going to sell, do you need to configure the store in multi-language or multi-currency mode?
5. Select Payment Methods
Payment in an online store is the moment of truth. It is essential to have our online store ready so that our client feels safe making the payment and does not leave us at the key moment. It is also important to be informed of the most common means of payment for your online users or your target audience and offer as many options as possible.
6. Prepare the Logistics for shipments
If you are going to sell physical products, it will be a strategic point for your business, as it will greatly influence the profitability of your business and the satisfaction of your customers.
Author | Emily Forbes
An Entrepreneur, Mother & A passionate tech writer in the technology industry!