Buying a SmartPhone means a few (many) dollars investment. In this sense it is important to have the best protections in the device if we have some bad luck with it. A film and cover always help protect, endure and longevity the SmartPhone. Know what types of covers and films are on the market.
If you want to have a SmartPhone that is fall-resistant, waterproof and dustproof and not off-road, then the investment is also for accessories – a screen film and a case for total protection.
Advantages and Disadvantages of having SmartPhone protection
Regarding the advantages:
– For those who have a bit of bad luck and are more careless, the cover is much more than a good investment because the SmartPhone is more protected and the screen with the film is less likely to scratch.
– In the case of reselling the SmartPhone, using a film and cover allows the longevity of the SmartPhone to be extended and the overall condition of the device to be preserved, not devaluing the total investment. Even if you use cheap cute phone cases!
– Due to the wide range of SmartPhone cases, both pre-made and custom cases, the mobile device always has a person’s aesthetic touch.
Regarding the disadvantages:
– By using a case, it can make the SmartPhone bulkier by taking up more space in your pocket or wallet, however, with the high personalization of the covers at this time, this is a purely design aspect.
– The SmartPhone’s means of protection are not foolproof, so it is necessary to invest in quality materials in order to promote better protection and resistance.
– The covers tend to accumulate some dirt, requiring care and cleaning.
– Zipped or flip covers may overheat your SmartPhone and may affect battery operation and even the actual operation of the mobile device.
Types of Covers
There are several types of SmartPhone covers:
1. Bumper – wraps around the sides of the SmartPhone, leaving the screen and back unprotected. This cover is lighter and less bulky, which protects only the most susceptible parts when falling, can easily break.
2. Flip – A cover that surrounds the entire device, protecting all angles.
3. Silicone case – protects only the sides and the back of the SmartPhone and is made of malleable and affordable material.
4. TPU (Thermoplastic Polymer) – Protects only the sides and back of the SmartPhone, but is stiffer and more resistant. It offers more protection than silicone ones.
5. Zippered cover – similar to a purse. It does not prevent breakage and risk in a fall or shock situation.
The world of films is constantly evolving and changing, we present the foundations of film concepts:
1. Protective film – plastic-based material provides protection against scratches, dirt and grease only and is not advisable as it is not useful to prevent screen breakage. This one also has a fast wear.
2. Tempered Glass Film – Of stiffer and thicker material, it promotes much more protection against scratches, breakage, grease against the plastic film. It is also equally effective in screen safety and operation during exposure to water and dust.
Tips to protect your SmartPhone
The justification for investing in accessories that enhance the protection, endurance and longevity of the SmartPhone comes from what you want, lifestyle and vision for the future. These accessories help the durability of your device, always being a positive investment.
Author | Emily Forbes
An Entrepreneur, Mother & A passionate tech writer in the technology industry!